The Best Things I Made for 2015

I love how January 1 fell on a Friday because now I’m enjoying some sort of a long weekend off.  It’s time to think back and recall my most fun moments in the kitchen; the best things I ever made for the year.  In the past I would just choose one item to represent each month of the year but Instagram has really made it impossible for me to blog and do a sequential account of my creations.  I mean, it was easy before but with numerous updates on the application, the dates are no longer there.  So the following are not really in order but just a playful account of my achieved delicious goals.
From the top left to right: Mini Young Coconut Pies; Lots & Lotsa Mango Chiffon Cake; Hokkaido Chiffon Cupcakes; Cheesy Custard Chiffon Cake; Pistachio & Pomegranate Cake and Chamorro Sweet Rolls
I love making things from scratch and these are some of them!  Tomato Jam; Guava Jam; Fig Jam; Guava Jam & Cream Cheese Spread (oh well, Philadelphia don’t have this in their flavored cream cheese spread); Cheese Pimento Spread and Guava Paste (fresh off the stove top) 
 These could be the simplest concoctions but definitely not lacking or needing in taste and flavor.  Fried Plantains with Crème Anglaise Sauce, Chia and Pomegranate Seeds; Baked Avocado Egg; Butter & Soy Sauce Rice; Oven-Roasted Acorn Squash simply seasoned with a little salt and pepper then topped with gooey Gruyere cheese; French Baguette Pizza; Oven-Roasted Acorn Squash with Brown Sugar & Butter; Cacio e Pepe; Perilla Kimchi and Homemade Pappardelle with Garlic & Tomatoes
From left to right: My version of Paradise Cake; Strawberry Shortcake; Coconut Macaroons; Lemon Meringue Chiffon Cake; Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta with Passion Fruit Coulis; Amaretti Cookies and Fig Gelato (I made the cookies to pair with the gelato)
I call this batch The Best Chocolaty Things I Ever Made for 2015.  From left to right: Chocolate Covered Turkey Bacon (although I prefer the real thing and would use it again next time); Homemade Hot Chocolate Drink; Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting; Wunderbar Brownies; Churros with Chocolate Dip; Monster Chocolate Chiffon Cake; Chocolate Chip Sconuts; Wunderbar Pie and Chocolate Coconut Tres Leches Cake (it looks so plain but it was the bomb)!
  Happy New Year everyone!  
Let’s keep making delicious things to share and enjoy~
I guess what’s left now is make individual post for each item with recipes.  I would love to do that but Good luck to me!  I hope I can….

Comments

Popular Posts