Red Velvet Mochi Donuts


Friday is International Donut Day but I didn't have time to make any. Blame it on a very busy and tiring day so I just chilled when I got home from work. But I did make something today to commemorate the special occasion and I thought red velvet for its festive color. I've done so many red velvet stuff using either cake or all-purpose flour so I tried it the Mochiko flour way and I just love it. I swear I could eat this everyday and I'm tired of anything red velvet. I guess the mochi texture did it for me and I'll be making this again for sure.
Baked Red Velvet Mochi Donuts
adapted from lafujimama
Makes 2 dozens donuts

4 extra large eggs, beaten
1/4 cup honey
1 1/3 cup milk
4 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
2 2/3 cup Mochiko rice flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
4 teaspoons baking powder
6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled slightly
4 teaspoons red food coloring

Confectioner's Sugar for dusting
Cream Cheese Frosting

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease donut baking pan.

2. Whisk together the beaten eggs, honey, milk, and vinegar until well mixed. In a separate bowl, whisk together the mochiko, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, and baking powder until combined, then whisk this mixture into the egg mixture.
Finally, whisk in the butter and food coloring then transfer the batter into a Ziploc bag. Snip the tip to pipe the batter into each cavity to the rim for fuller donuts.

3. Bake the donuts for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly, then gently turn them out onto a cooling rack to finish cooling. Dust with sifted confectioner's sugar or spread cream cheese frosting on top

Notes:
Yummy with just powdered sugar dusting or cream cheese frosting or by itself.
I used my toy-like whipped cream dispenser with decorative tips from Daiso for the cream cheese frosting
Cream Cheese Frosting

1 pkg cream cheese, softened
1 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
Using an electric mixer, cream together cream cheese and unsalted butter
Add sifted confectioner's sugar and continue beating until creamy and smooth
Add vanilla extract and beat a minute more
Refrigerate before using

Comments

Popular Posts