More dishes to close the weekend

It really is a productive weekend for me as far as cooking is concerned. To recap, I started the day with vegetable frittata yesterday; followed by sweet and savory empanadas. Then in the evening, I roasted a cornish hen which I marinated in olive oil, Dijon mustard, soy sauce, lemon juice and cracked black pepper.

I also made seared tilapia fillets seasoned with soy sauce, lemon juice, black pepper and tarragon.

Then today, I made spaghetti and roasted eggplant and chicken salad which is chicken breast meat, Fuji apples, sweet onion, celery and dried cranberries. My dressing is mayo, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, celery seeds, cracked black pepper, sugar and salt.

My sous chef peeled and cubed so much apples so I added some to my broccoli slaw. Now I pronounce it broccoli-apple slaw ha ha. It is a wonderful addition because it gave the slaw more flavor and zing.


And it paired beautifully with my last dish for the day and the weekend- baked sea bass in lemon-garlic and clarified butter sauce which I served with left over pasta from lunch.


Honestly, I didn't feel tired at all while I was at it- making all the dishes. But now, as the day ended, I suddenly am.... hmmm bad bad bad.... should look ahead to another week and start it with positive energy. It's back to work tomorrow. Thank God for a wonderful job that makes all my kitchen adventures possible.

Good night everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts