Liège waffle on my mind


The lovely picture above is not mine. But I can't get it off my mind.

I can honestly say I'm not over it. Didn't I rave incessantly about it in a previous post when we chased the De Liege waffle truck last Friday? At that time the memory is still fresh and it was as if the taste still lingers in my mouth. Now, on the third day from then, I am so craving it. The truth is, I almost made some yesterday but I don't have a deep Belgian waffle maker. I even thought of running to the nearest store to shop for one. The only thing that stopped me was the thought that we are making waffles today at work. Not the same but helps to put the thought aside ... even for a while.

I prepared the batter last night and I was almost tempted to make the dough ala Liege. Marilyn will bring a Belgian waffle maker but I wasn't sure if I can refrigerate the dough overnight. I was just too lazy to research about it on the internet. I was thinking it's only a matter of hours and I'll be off to work and I can have my waffle and hopefully it can help me get by till I make my own version of it or chase the food truck again.

We had eggs, turkey bacon, fresh fruit cocktail and other stuff for our breakfast but I really didn't care about anything else.

I just went on with my task- make the waffles. It's a beautiful Waring Pro waffle maker that Marilyn brought.  It is rotary and makes perfect waffles. I see no need to add it to my wish list- I'm getting one ASAP. Hmm ... I can imagine future waffles nestled in the deep pockets

This is how I had my waffle- with Nutella cream cheese, fresh strawberries and powdered sugar. I got my Liege crunch from the cornmeal and it is the same crunchy exterior which won the hearts of my GP's. Marilyn, you are so gonna miss this!

Comments

  1. You're right, I am going to miss it! Like you said, we have a special connection. :) thanks for making it happen today...you and the girls are the best. All I can say is delish! Now you have me searching for that truck! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most welcome! Ah, you have to find it and when you do- let me know if you like it :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts