Chocolate pasta update



I was so tired and sleepy last night and just didn't have the energy to post my update. I had to run some errands so it was late when I finished plus the light was not that great for photos. But anyway, here's how it came out. First, I was ecstatic to find out that my pasta machine has a setting that allows the cutting of the pasta- so I don't have to do it myself, except if I'm making ravioli or pappardelle.

I think the all purpose flour I used suits the chocolate pasta but it will be better with double zero. I got a nice texture and it's only a matter of putting in the right amount of liquid (eggs and oil) which will determine its success. I will use the "royalty flour" today so I can discuss this at length.



Now I am at a loss if this is a dessert or a breakfast item. It's not that sweet since I only added a couple of tablespoons of sugar to the dough- neither are my special whipped cream which I used as the sauce. It's just like eating yogurt or fruit salad and again, the quality of the pasta affects the amount you will eat. Isn't it true in general? The better the food tastes, the more you eat.

The fresh strawberries are a nice accompaniment and gives it a nice balance. And since I added only a quarter of a cup cocoa powder to the dough, I showered my plate with grated dark chocolate for more chocolaty taste. It is delicious and I am definitely exploring other ways to make it better and there's a lot of other sauces which will make it a really wonderful breakfast or dessert- whenever you feel like eating it.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks absolutely delicious! Whether it's a dessert or breakfast item, I'll eat it any time of the day.
    Out of curiosity, is the texture just like regular pasta?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! And yes, it has the same texture as regular pasta and it cooks faster because it is fresh.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts