Back from SickLand

I'm late but Happy New Year everyone!

I never imagined I would spend the New Year in bed sick and all my cooking plans down the drain and all the fun and excitement irretrievably lost. I guess that’s the only sad part of 2010 for my foodie life- not being able to end it as planned.

But here’s 2010 - in retrospect

I didn’t get financially richer but I have so much to be thankful for. I can say I have become wiser and hopefully a better person. And as a self-proclaimed foodie, I must say I have grown and learned so much in terms of cooking and baking. There are things I still can’t do like cake decoration and working on anything miniature or cute because they require patience which I still have to work on or I should just leave the cute stuff to other people he he he.


I am proud of:

My “Angel Food Cake a Day Project” because I was able to make angel food cake in many ways and flavors

The Pancake Series -I always thought that you don’t have to eat out to have pancakes with all the works

My Best Thing I Ever Ate Knock Offs - this will carry over to 2011 and in the coming years for as long as they’re airing it and there are stuff that tickle my foodie mind

Discovering corn flakes as an alternative for panko bread crumbs for my French toasts and for old fashioned oats for my cookies. It may sound trivial but hey, my friends were impressed.

My bread puddings particularly Mapple Wheat Bread which always gets raves when I serve it; my assortment of Jell-O desserts, new pasta dishes, my galettes/crostatas and some recipes I recreated from Throwdown with Bobby Flay like his Crunchified Burger and Joanne Chang’s Sticky Buns. It was sheer joy being able to pull it off whenever I try to replicate a recipe I come across or see on TV. Of course my timpano which I could make more often and I really recommend it to all of you to try. It is such an awesome dish with endless possibilities when it comes to fillings and what a beauty if done successfully. These are the ones that come to mind right away when I look back at the stuff I made last year. In a nutshell, it’s been a joyful and productive cooking ride and I'm glad you're around and took it with me.

Here's to a more fruitful 2011 for all of us :-)

Comments

Popular Posts