Bad case of pancake craving


I had a bad case of pancake craving last night. All I could think of is pancake with cream cheese and maple syrup. I could make some really quick and I’ll be okay. But I experienced a very rare case of non-chemistry or un-synchronization of my body and my craving. My tired body just didn’t want to move as I lay down in my bed. Yes, even as my mind kept saying “come on, it won’t take you an hour to make them”. I just went to sleep dreaming that I’m on the breakfast table and in front of me is a stack of fluffy cream cheese pancakes dripping with maple syrup and some bacon on the side. I woke up at 5:30 A.M., happy that it was still early and so determined to alleviate my misery.

I headed to the kitchen and gathered all my ingredients. Every step seemed so effortless when you’re inspired. And so I have a stack of the world’s best pancakes in less than twenty minutes. I guess that’s what we all say when at last a craving for something is satisfied. I just had the best this or best that in the whole planet!


And let me reiterate….. the joy of cooking and the pleasure in every bite of the pancake is priceless. I even brought some for my friends at work and they loved it!
Here's how to make them :-)

Cream Cheese Pancakes

Ingredients:
2 cups self-rising flour
4 tablespoons sugar
1 large egg
2 cups milk
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 stick butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Procedure:
Combine self-rising flour and sugar in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
Combine egg and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well; add to dry ingredients
Pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto a hot, lightly greased griddle. Cook pancakes until tops are covered with bubbles and edges appear cooked; turn and cook other side.
Serve pancakes with warm maple syrup and bacon (optional)

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts