Pancake Series: #4 Chocolate Chip & Strawberry Pancakes


For these pancakes, I used my old reliable recipe. I think it suits the ingredients best as I want a cakey and tender texture. I prefer using dark chocolate chips because they are less sweet and I serve them with honey butter which I make from scratch. It’s just softened butter and honey whipped together, no big deal. These pancakes can stand alone and I think the choice of strawberries is also a concern because you don’t want them too ripe or they will be soggy when exposed to the heat of the pan. Whoever tries this recipe will appreciate the fact they’re simply good even without adding butter and syrup.

Ingredients:
1 1/12 cups all-purpose flour
4 tbsp sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 large beaten eggs
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 1/4 cups milk
sliced strawberries
dark chocolate chips

Directions:
Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl then add the wet ingredients. Mix well till all lumps disappear.
Heat oil on a pancake griddle or non-stick pan. (You will only do this for the first pancake just to grease the pan.
Toss sliced strawberries and dark chocolate chips
Flip when bubbles start to appear. Cook for another minute then transfer to a platter.
Serve with honey butter (half a stick softened unsalted butter whipped with two tablespoons honey

Comments

Popular Posts