Pancake Series: #2 Banana-Nut Pancakes



I wanted to make my own version of BLD's famous Blueberry-Ricotta Pancakes with Maple Syrup but I'm saving my blueberries for my Berry Trifle so I made these instead. I used my proven and tested pancake batter recipe with the addition of banana essence and mashed banana for a stronger banana flavor. The pancakes are soft with almost cake-like texture (that’s why I stick to this recipe) and the banana essence really intensified the flavor in the pancakes. But the funny thing is, I forgot to fold some chopped walnuts to the pancake batter. How can I call them banana-nut pancakes then? Well, I just tossed some toasted walnuts on top when I served them so there goes my banana-nut pancakes lol...




Banana-Nut Pancakes
1 1/12 cups all-purpose flour
4 tbsp sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 large beaten eggs
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 1/4 cups milk
1 tbsp banana essence or extract
1 ripe banana, mashed
1 tablespoon chopped toasted walnuts

Directions:
Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl then add the wet ingredients. Add the banana essence or extract.
Mix well till all lumps disappear then fold in the mashed banana.

Heat oil on a pancake griddle or non-stick pan. (You will only do this for the first pancake just to grease the pan.
pancake. Flip when bubbles start to appear. Cook for another minute then transfer to a platter. Repeat the process except again- addition of oil to the pan. The batter has oil in it already. Garnish with sliced bananas and toasted walnuts and serve with maple syrup and whipped butter.
Note: Just double the recipe to yield more pancakes

Comments

  1. i actually saw your recipe last night and decided to make it for breakfast this morning. I must say, it went well! Even my family went crazy over it. Thanks for sharing! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. best pancakes i've ever made. I didn't have any bananas so I had to sub them for strawberries and blackberries. They still came out nice and fluffy =)

    thanks for posting ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts