Red Day, Hearts Day, Happy Valentine’s Day!

The title so goes for lack of a better one for my post but befitting the occasion being February 14. And today happens to be Chinese New Year also so "Gong Xi Fa Cai!" It’s been a busy Sunday in the kitchen and red really dominated. I made Cherry-Berry Jell-O Mousse, Strawberry Angel Food Cake, red velvet pancakes and Valentine's Day-inspired sugar cookies.

I must say this serves as the epilogue to my post about colors and flavors. I used strawberry extract for my angel food cake and red vegetable food color as well to achieve a pretty pink color. And then some more for my sugar cookies so that the white chocolate chips tucked in them came out like polka dots.

But before all these sweet stuff, we had Korean lunch which I sooooo excitedly prepared because finally, I have all of the ingredients I need for my dishes. I made soon dubu jigae of course, short ribs (i used my grill pan and they came out really good), pickled cucumbers, kimchi and jahp chae. Ahh sweet life!

Comments

Popular Posts