Indian Butter Chicken



I was in a better mood so I made my Indian Butter Chicken. A friend has been requesting me to make it but I just can't seem to do it. Either I forget or there's something else I'm craving that needs to be satisfied first. So the request was in semi-oblivion for the longest. But I did remember and it was on my "To Cook List" for the weekend but I got busy and just cooked something quicker and easier. Not that this recipe is difficult because it is so easy and yet so delicious. It is unfortunate though that my friend couldn’t make it so I just sent pictures of the dish lol… I also cooked white basmati rice to go with it.

Here's the recipe ~

Indian Butter Chicken

Ingredients:
2 lbs boneless chicken breast cut into pieces and seasoned with salt and pepper
3 rounds of olive oil or just enough to coat the pan
1 ½ tsp turmeric
1 ½ tsp coriander
1 tsp red chili powder- add more if you want it more spicy
2 tsp garlic paste or minced garlic
1 tsp grated ginger root
1 medium onion chopped finely
½ cup plain yogurt
1 cup heavy cream
½ cup tomato paste
2 cups water
½ stick of butter

Directions:
Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan
Brown chicken pieces on all sides then transfer to another vessel
In the same pan, sauté onion then add garlic when it becomes translucent
Add the spices and sauté till fragrant
Add the tomato paste already diluted with water
Stir until thoroughly mixed
Add the chicken; simmer to a boil
Add the heavy cream, butter and yogurt and stir
Simmer for ten minutes on medium heat
Add chopped fresh cilantro and serve while hot over steamed white basmati rice

Comments

Popular Posts